Request for Proposal: Cleaning & Janitorial Services
Burten, Bell, Carr Development, Incorporated is requesting proposals for companies to provide commercial and office cleaning services.
Burten, Bell, Carr Development, Inc. (BBC) is a non-profit neighborhood development organization founded in 1990 that serves Cleveland’s Central, Kinsman, and Buckeye neighborhoods. Our mission is to empower citizens and revitalize blighted and underserved communities.
Scope of Cleaning & Janitorial Services
The firm(s) selected will be responsible for providing the following services to the BBC office, Cornucopia Place, and WOVU:
- Vacuuming all carpeted areas
- Mopping and waxing of all floors
- Thorough cleaning and sanitization of all restrooms, including replenishment of toilet paper and hand soap.
- Emptying all trash receptacles and properly disposing of trash
- Cleaning of all windows; Both inside and outside
- Sanitization of all high-touch surfaces.
Terms of Cleaning & Janitorial Services
BBC operates on a July 1 —June 30 fiscal year. The selected firm will begin providing services July 1, 2022 through fiscal year ending June 30, 2023. At the end of this contract period, both BBC and the selected proposer will have the option to terminate or renew the contract for a twelve-month period aligned with BBC’s fiscal year of July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023. Such conditions will be executable with at least a 30-day notice to the other party.
Please use the following format when preparing your response. Please limit the proposal to three pages, excluding attachments:
Section 1: Proposer Information: Company name, primary contact, email, phone, etc.
Section 2: Scope of work/description of services.
Section 3: Firm’s qualifications: Summary of previous work and any licensure or certifications
Section 4: Attachments –
- Cost Proposal: Budget and narrative
- Professional References: At least 3 references for which the proposer has performed similar work; include the current contact information for each
- Other: Proposals may include a brief sample of work, or other materials to demonstrate capabilities to complete the work, not more than 3 additional pages
Conditions for Submission of Proposal
All proposals in response to this request must meet the following conditions to be considered:
- Proposals shall be delivered to BBC on or prior to the stated due date.
- Proposals shall clearly indicate the legal name, address and telephone number of the business.
- Proposals shall be signed above the typed or printed name and title of the signer. The signer shall have the authority to bind the proposer to the submitted proposal.
- The firm must indicate any pending legal actions against it.
- The firm must certify that it does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, sex, age, handicap or national origin. Certification may be presented in the form of a letter on company letterhead and signed by a representative of the firm authorized to state such a certification.
- BBC will not be liable for any cost incurred in the preparation of proposals.
- BBC may ask proposers to appear in front of a committee and/or board for a presentation prior to approval.
- BBC will not be liable for the costs incurred by the proposer in connection with such an interview.
- BBC reserves the right to accept or reject any and/or all proposals, to waive irregularities and technicalities, to negotiate portions of the proposal, and to request resubmission. Any sole response received by the first submission date may or may not be rejected by BBC, depending on available competition and timely needs of BBC. BBC reserves the right to award the contract to a responsible firm submitting a responsive proposal, with a resulting negotiated contract which is most advantageous and in the best interests of BBC. Also, BBC reserves the right to conduct such an investigation as it deems it necessary to determine the ability of any business to perform the work or service requested. The information BBC deems necessary to make this decision shall be provided by the firm. Such information may include, but shall not be limited to, verification of availability of personnel and past performance records.
- In the event it becomes necessary to revise any part of this RFP prior to the deadline, addenda will be provided to any prospective firm who received the initial RFP.
- The contractor shall be responsible to BBC for all acts and omissions of employees while performing any work related directly or indirectly with the project covered by the contract documents or related instruction and documents.
- This RFP does not obligate BBC or the selected business until a contract is signed and approved by both parties. If approved, it is effective from the date the contract is signed. BBC shall not be responsible for work done, even in good faith, prior to the final approval of the proposed contract.
- The review of the proposals will focus on the perceived ability of the business to perform the services listed above based on qualifications and experience as well as subsequent investigation by BBC.
- BBC acknowledges that information obtained from firms may be proprietary. Upon receipt and acceptance of any bid resulting from this request, BBC affirms confidentiality of all information contained in the bid document. Only the senior staff of BBC shall have access to information and will treat information on a confidential basis.
Questions or requests for clarification must be submitted in writing to Tiffany Allen-White, via email to [email protected].
Deadline and Procedures for Delivery
A signed copy of the proposal must be mailed via US postal mail or electronically or hand delivered no later than 5:00 p.m. on May 21st, 2022. Responses shall be delivered to Burten, Bell, Carr Development, Inc., 7201 Kinsman Road, Suite 104, Cleveland, Ohio 44104. All electronically submitted proposals should include a delivery receipt and should be sent to [email protected].