POSITION TITLE: AMERICORPS VISTA SUMMER ASSOCIATE
REPORTS TO: REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
The AmeriCorps VISTA Summer Associate will assist in the planning, implementation, and promotion of sustainable community revitalization initiatives for a ten-week period beginning June 9 and concluding August 15, 2014.
– Coordinate the planting of up to 400 street trees, including performing outreach to homeowners, teaching community members about the benefits of trees, educating homeowners and residents about care and maintenance of trees, and recruiting volunteers to participate in tree planting days;
– Divert residential runoff from sewers and watersheds by assisting in the coordination of an urban rain barrel program;
– Implement neighborhood climate action initiatives that focus on health and poverty relief;
– Lead initiative to preserve and improve multi-modal transportation options for residents of low-income neighborhoods for sustainability and affordability; and
– Other duties as assigned.
The AmeriCorps VISTA Summer Associate must have satisfactory oral and written communication skills and ability to interact effectively with the public, particularly low-income, minority, and/or aging populations. Must have satisfactory computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
Minimum high school diploma required. Some college education in sustainability, urban studies, urban planning, or related field required.
This is a full-time position. The work schedule is 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday. Some weekends and evenings may be required.
Approximately $946/month, with choice of $1,175 education award or $310 cash stipend at the conclusion of service.
This position will be posted until filled. Please submit a resume and cover letter to Jeffrey Sugalski, Real Estate Development Director via email at [email protected], via fax at (216) 341-2683 or via mail at 7201 Kinsman Road, Suite 104, Cleveland, OH 44104.
For more information about the organization, please visit bbcdevelopment.org.