Request for Proposal: Auditor
Burten, Bell, Carr Development, Incorporated is requesting proposals for professional auditing services.
Burten, Bell, Carr Development, Inc. (BBC) is a nonprofit neighborhood development organization founded in 1990 that serves Cleveland’s Central, Kinsman, Buckeye neighborhoods. Our mission is to empower citizens and revitalize blighted and underserved communities.
Scope of Work
Burten, Bell, Carr Development, Inc. requires the following services:
- Annual financial statement audit.
- Federal Single Audit
- Preparation of IRS form 990
- Preparation of Charitable Organization Annual Report for the Ohio Attorney General
- Management letter
All of the above must be completed within 180 days of the end of each fiscal year, in order for our Board of Directors to review each document prior to its submission to the appropriate recipients. In addition, Burten, Bell, Carr Development, Inc. requires that a meeting of the auditors and selected Burten, Bell, Carr Development, Inc. board and staff members be held to discuss a draft version of the financial statements and that the auditors meet at least yearly with the Board of Directors’ finance committee.
The proposer must demonstrate the capability to perform the above stated auditing services in accordance with generally accepted auditing principles and other procedures stated in applicable Ohio State Auditor’s guidelines.
To describe clearly the proposer’s understanding of the work to be done, the proposer will:
- Administrative Ability:
- Explain the proposer’s approaches to performing the auditing services requested in the proposal.
- List expenditures that will be absorbed by BBC (if any).
- Indicate additional fees or billing rate for such services.
- Technical Ability: The proposer will furnish satisfactory evidence of capability to provide in a professional and timely manner the services stated in the RFP. To meet this requirement the proposer will:
- Provide evidence of experience in performing auditing services for nonprofit entities in Ohio.
- List five current and past clients along with the names and telephone numbers of contact persons and number of years’ services were provided.
- List staff member(s) who will direct the overall auditing activity. Include the educational background, certifications, etc., of all staff members named and professional licenses held.
- Provide adequate staff to handle frequent client communications, follow-up analysis and client billing.
- Describe the level of assistance that will be expected from BBC staff.
The auditing firm shall furnish to BBC a financial proposal for the services requested in this proposal, including an estimated number of hours worked per month. The firm shall provide invoices monthly with minimum net ten (10) terms. Travel to and from BBC is the responsibility of the firm and is not reimbursable.
Conditions for Submission of Proposal
All proposals in response to this request must meet the following conditions to be considered:
- Proposals shall be delivered to BBC on or prior to the stated due date.
- Proposals shall clearly indicate the legal name, address and telephone number of the Firm.
- Proposals shall be signed above the typed or printed name and title of the signer. The signer shall have the authority to bind the proposer to the submitted proposal.
- The firm must indicate any pending legal actions against it.
- The firm must certify that it does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, sex, age, handicap or national origin. Certification may be presented in the form of a letter on company letterhead and signed by a representative of the firm authorized to state such a certification.
- BBC will not be liable for any cost incurred in the preparation of proposals.
- BBC may ask proposers to appear in front of the finance committee and/or board for a presentation prior to approval.
- BBC will not be liable for the costs incurred by the proposer in connection with such interview.
- BBC reserves the right to accept or reject any and/or all proposals, to waive irregularities and technicalities, to negotiate portions of the proposal, and to request resubmission. Any sole response received by the first submission date may or may not be rejected by BBC, depending on available competition and timely needs of BBC. BBC reserves the right to award the contract to a responsible firm submitting a responsive proposal, with a resulting negotiated contract which is most advantageous and in the best interests of BBC. Also, BBC reserves the right to make such investigation as it deems necessary to determine the ability of any firm to perform the work or service requested. Information BBC deems necessary to make this determination shall be provided by the firm. Such information may include, but shall not be limited to verification of availability of personnel and past performance records.
- In the event it becomes necessary to revise any part of this RFP prior to deadline, addenda will be provided to any prospective firm who received the initial RFP.
- The contractor shall be responsible to BBC for all acts and omissions of employees while performing any work related directly or indirectly with the project covered by the contract documents or related instruction and documents.
- This RFP does not obligate BBC or the selected firm until a contract is signed and approved by both parties. If approved, it is effective from the date the contract is signed. BBC shall not be responsible for work done, even in good faith, prior to the final approval of the proposed contract.
- The review of the proposals will focus on the perceived ability of the firm to perform the services listed above based on qualifications and experience as well as subsequent investigation by BBC.
- BBC acknowledges that information obtained from firms may be proprietary. Upon receipt and acceptance of any bid resulting from this request, BBC affirms confidentiality of all information contained in the bid document. Only the senior staff of BBC shall have access to information and will treat information on a confidential basis.
Questions or requests for clarification must be submitted in writing to Tiffany Allen-White, via email to [email protected].
Deadline and Procedures for Delivery
A signed copy of the proposal must be mailed via US postal mail or electronically or hand delivered no later than 5:00 p.m. on May 21st, 2022. Responses shall be delivered to Burten, Bell, Carr Development, Inc., 7201 Kinsman Road, Suite 104, Cleveland, Ohio 44104. All electronically submitted proposals should include a delivery receipt and should be sent to [email protected]