If you have seen the Bridgeport Mobile Market in your neighborhood, then you know that it is doing a great thing for the community! The market, which launched in June 2013, is currently taking applications for an operator assistant.
The purpose of the Bridgeport Mobile Market is to provide fresh food access to residents in the ward 5 community and surrounding neighborhoods. The Bridgeport Mobile Market Assistant will assist in all the daily functions of the mobile market. The operator will need assistance with picking up and receiving deliveries of produce from vendors, stocking shelves, driving the truck to assigned destinations, promoting sales, operating the cash register, managing inventory, quality control , and clean as needed. Strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude are a must!
- Must have basic math skills for handling cash transactions and counting inventory
- Self-motivated with strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven sales ability
- Ability to work with minimal direction
- Be able to work flexible shifts
- Valid OH driver’s license
- Committed to the mission of the Bridgeport Mobile Market
- Able to work in cool environment for a long duration
- Able to work year round (Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-6 p.m., with possible weekends)
- Carrying up to 50 pounds
Interested applicants must forward a cover letter and resume to Burten, Bell, Carr Development, Inc., 7201 Kinsman Road, Suite 104, Cleveland, OH 44104, email to [email protected], or fax to 216-341-2683