Burten, Bell, Carr Development, Inc. (BBC) is looking for landscape professionals to care for, maintain, and develop residential and commercial properties of agency. Time commitment is up to 35 hours a week during the year.
Typical essential functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Providing leadership and oversite to landscaping crew.
- Performing all aspects of landscape maintenance on commercial and residential properties including: bed maintenance; pruning shrubs and groundcover; mowing, trimming and edging turf; minor tree pruning; natural and chemical fertilization of turf and beds; minor application/spraying for weed control; planting of seasonal color and shrubs as needed.
- Meeting company standards for performance and quality control on assigned accounts.
- Daily and weekly maintenance and minor repairs of assigned equipment and vehicle.
- Training and direction of assigned crew members.
- Completion of all daily paperwork for assigned route and personnel.
- Following and enforcing all safety policies and procedures in the field and offices.
- Requisitions and distributes materials and equipment for landscaping work.
- Degree or certification in Landscaping, Plant Science, Horticulture, Forestry or related field, preferred but not required.
- Should be motivated and possess good communication and supervisory skills.
- A valid and clean driver’s license.
- Physically able to complete assigned work in a fast-paced, quality-oriented environment.
- Experience driving a full-size truck as well as towing and backing a trailer.
- Experience operating landscaping equipment such as riding mower, electric trimmer, edger, trencher, etc.
- Ability to complete all assigned paperwork and timecards daily.
- Proper work shoes/boots and clothes are required prior to employment.
- Exposure to hot and rainy weather conditions.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: From $20.00 per hour