Looking for a job in the Central Neighborhood? Have your high school diploma or GED? Would you be interested in providing support to the staff and Director of Promise Neighborhood? If you have answered yes, then check out this job opportunity! BBC is a member of the Promise Neighborhood Advisory Committee and we are pleased to share this information with interested residents.
SUMMARY: Cleveland Central Promise Neighborhood(CCPN)is a neighborhood-based initiative transforming the educational and developmental outcomes of children in the Central Neighborhood of Cleveland, closing gaps in achievement and creating cradle-to-career supports for all youth and families.The Sisters of Charity Foundation of Cleveland serves as the convener of this collaborative process consisting of multiple partners including residents, community service providers and large public systems.While several positions are staff positions of the Foundation, a community-based Promise Neighborhood Advisory Board provides strategic direction with substantive input and guidance for the entire project.
POSITION SUMMARY:The Promise Specialist works closely with the Promise Director, provides support for Promise staff, and manages the day-to-day operations/activities in a fast- paced office environment, and provides support and assistance with the activities of CCPN. The Promise Specialist highest priority is maintaining and managing the meeting and event schedule for the Promise Director and supporting the Promise staff and team. This person must have strong attention to details,well organized,and must have effective written and verbal communication skills. Other responsibilities include:
- Maintain Promise Director’s schedule and provide weekly updates and details (preparing and planning materials,provide location, parking, and directions, etc.) planning and committee meetings for the Promise Director.
- Develop, maintain, and update an office-wide calendar of meetings,programs, and events.
- Provide clerical support for Promise staff such as assisting with program/project development
- Attend, record, and maintain advisory board and committee notes.
- Maintain and update advisory board, committees, and sub-committees member list.
- Maintain and update Promise staff directory(e.g. office and cell numbers,).
- Strong writing, drafting, and editing skills.
- Provide support for ETO data collection and management
- Assist with and provide support for all CCPN community special events.
- Assist with and co-develop committee meeting agendas. Make appropriate copies.
- Provide and ensure all logistical arrangements for meetings and programs are made;
- Maintain budgets for all special events, committee meetings, etc.
- Make arrangements with caterers for food and beverages ;provide supplies and assist with set-up and tear-down of events
- Develop operational procedures for using the phone system, copier, and other technological equipment.
- General office support: phone, filing, typing, email, Microsoft Office knowledge, scheduling appointments, maintaining staff mailboxes
- Maintain and inventory all Promise materials and supplies to ensure materials a well-stocked inventory.
REQUIREMENTS: Must be a quick learner, takes initiative, and can be an independent worker. Also, must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced office. A vehicle is necessary as there are some off-site meetings.
ACCOUNTABILITY:The Promise Specialist will report to the Promise Director
- Must have a high school diploma or its equivalent (GED).
- 2-3 years working in a highly professional and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate and work with different stakeholders. Central experience is preferred.
- Capacity to work independently and with supervision.
- Commitment to the goal and vision of the Sisters of Charity Foundation of Cleveland and the Promise Neighborhood Initiative.
- College degree preferred
- Information technology(IT) skills;
- Ability to provide first line support for IT issues and act as a liaison between staff and IT assistance.
Residents of the Central Neighborhood with experience and strong leadership skills are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume by June 27, 2014 to Sandra Golden at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the position Promise Specialist, Promise in the subject line of the email.
All inquiries will be kept confidential
It is the Foundation’s policy not to notify candidates if they are not selected until the final candidate is chosen.
Interviews will begin immediately!