Under the direction of the Director, Real Estate Development, the Real Estate Development Manager will work closely with the community groups, local officials, funders and contractors to identify real estate development opportunities, help secure funding and manage real estate development projects. This is a very important role, regularly interacting with key stakeholders, community partners and government officials. Here are some of the key duties and responsibilities for the role:
Real Estate Development Areas of Focus
· Market Research & Analysis
· Site Assembly, contract negotiation & acquisition
· Negotiate and manage all terms of property acquisitions
· Viability Assessment & Proforma development
· Jurisdictional research and due diligence
· Land Use Process and entitlements
· Identify funding opportunities and lead the process of completing funding applications.
· Work with a team to compile construction documents through site design, plans review process and obtaining building permits.
· Monitor construction progress as owner’s representative. Assist with on-site construction management issues, budgets and schedules.
· Manage the project from site identification, development, construction and successful delivery of the building expectations and deliverables.
· Attain government approvals (i.e. planning commission). Perform quality review of deliverables
· Identify resources needed for successful completion of projects and deliverables.
· Create RFPs to submit for approvals.
· Build and maintain effective and positive relationships with funders and other key stakeholders
· Maintain relationships with public officials. Advocate at city hall (i.e. pushing building permits).
· Build and maintain positive working relationships with coworkers, contractors and other partners.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Marketing or Related Degree required with at least 4 years of relevant work experience; relevant work experience and other combinations of educational achievements may be considered in lieu of degree
· Solid background in urban planning and/or real estate. At least 3 years of urban real estate development experience preferred
· Must have keen design insight, be familiar with and have proficient knowledge of project management, construction drawings, specifications, bid documents and construction contracts, draws, change orders etc.
· Strong knowledge of computer systems and applications
· Professional and friendly verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to prioritize and work with frequent interruptions
· Top notch organization, analytical and negotiation skills
· Initiative and ability to work with limited direction
· Creative and proactive problem solver
· Understanding of complex financial analysis
· Maintains composure under fluctuating workload and pressure due to deadlines
This is a full-time, in-office, position with a comprehensive benefits package.
Core business hours are 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday.
Some weekends and evenings may be required.
Extensive local travel is REQUIRED.
Must have valid driver’s license.
Competitve Salary: $55,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year