We are looking to hire a Real Estate Development Coordinator to join our team of dedicated Community Development professionals. The Real Estate Development Coordinator is an important member of the Real Estate Development team whose work on revitalizing blighted areas of our service area is key to our mission. Burten, Bell, Carr “BBC” is not your typical development company. For over 30 years, we have invested in the fabric of underserved neighborhoods and ensure our projects align with the community’s vision. If you are interested in working for a company that is mission-driven and values respect, accountability, caring, and empathy then we invite you to apply today! To learn more about BBC, visit our website at www.bbcdevelopment.org
Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary focus on commercial development with a secondary focus on residential development.
- Responsible for supporting real estate projects, coordinating project activities and deliverables, managing timelines and administration of all facets of pre-development and construction and project management.
- Maintain reports and project due diligence information including tracking and reconciling fee schedules.
- Prepare summary level reports to present to management at weekly development & construction meetings, maintain project pipeline report and individual project schedule updates.
- Proactively get out in front of project schedules initiating activities and related tasks.
- Provide real estate, development, and construction worker teams with coordination support in all areas to ensure the projects stay on or ahead of schedule.
- Support the Project Management team as directed to work with private utility providers, cities offices, and all related jurisdictions as needed in the entitlement and construction process.
- Assist with contract administration including directing, managing, and quality control of outside architectural/engineering firms in the following areas: Professional services and utility providers
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or related degree with minimum 3 years relevant working experience, projects, or coursework; relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Three years of commercial and/or residential land development experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of computer systems and applications including Microsoft office products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that are both friendly and professional.
- Ability to prioritize and work with frequent interruptions, fluctuating workload, and limited direction.
- Exemplary organization skills, excellent data entry and typing skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Can see the big picture, is creative, and takes initiative and risks.
- Proactive problem solver with exceptional analytical skills, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively across departments and with various stakeholders.
Starting at $35,000.00 annually. Full-time, exempt position with Health/Vision/Dental/Life Insurance & 401k matching.