Position Title: Neighbor to Neighbor Community Ambassador
Reports to: Neighbor to Neighbor Specialist
Burten, Bell, Carr Development, Inc. “BBC” is not your typical development company. For over 30 years, we have invested in the fabric of underserved neighborhoods and ensure our projects align with the community’s vision. If you are interested in working for a company that is mission-driven and values respect, accountability, caring, and empathy then we invite you to apply today! To learn more about BBC, visit our website at www.bbcdevelopment.org
Neighbor to Neighbor is a door-to-door canvassing effort that helps deepen the connection between Burten, Bell, Carr, Development, Inc. and their neighbors – the residents they serve. Canvassers from the neighborhood will educate residents on programs they may be eligible for, as well as ask questions to understand the gaps that exist due to a lack of resources or programming that is symptom-based and not solution-based. Based on these conversations, Neighbor to Neighbor partners and residents will work toward co-developing lasting, sustainable programs that provide long-term solutions to intractable issues.
- Effectively engage and build relationships with residents primarily through door-to-door canvassing conversations and as needed, at community events and other gathering places
- Conduct surveys door-to-door and accurately enter data into the app on the provided tablet.
- Work with the other ambassadors and the Community Engagement Specialist to ensure that canvass goals are met, complete regular progress reports and adjust canvass tactics as needed
- Represent the Neighbor-to-Neighbor program with professionalism and ethical conduct in order to build a positive relationship with the community at large
- Have knowledge of available assistance programs, resources, and neighborhood assets, and provide residents with information on relevant programs and resources
Skills and Experience
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills (public speaking, interacting with people from a wide range of communities and cultures)
- Previous canvassing experience is helpful, but not required; training and coaching is provided
- Must be able to use a computer/tablet and learn how to use a software database
- Ability to work flexible hours (some evenings and weekends for community events)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and cohort
- Good understanding of Cleveland neighborhoods, with preferred deep knowledge and connection to the neighborhood in which ambassador will be canvassing
$15 per hour. 10-20hrs/week. Independent Contractor. Biweekly pay
How to Apply
Please email resume’s to [email protected], or call (216)307-3855 to apply!