POSITION TITLE: OPPORTUNITY CORRIDOR PROJECT MANAGER
REPORTS TO: REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
The Opportunity Corridor Project Manager will oversee efforts to maximize the community benefit of the Opportunity Corridor. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, day-to-day tasks associated with land assembly; fostering linkages to economic growth opportunities for residents of the surrounding neighborhoods; supporting job retention and expansion of local existing employers; and, community outreach and awareness for project-related activities.
– Research and negotiate the purchase of properties located in strategic development areas, assist in resolving title and/or other issues in the process, manage closings, and oversee the work of consultants, as necessary;
– Lead and/or provide assistance on real estate development projects located within the Opportunity Corridor, including, but not limited to, planning, pursuit of funding opportunities, garnering local approvals, reporting, promotion, coordination of community meetings, and managing consultants;
– Assist in the job growth opportunities within the corridor and maintain knowledge of and administer available economic development programs and incentives;
– Serve as primary representative of the agency in project meetings with key public and private partners;
– Assist in the management and administration of community revitalization initiatives; and
– Other duties as assigned.
The Opportunity Corridor Project Manager must have exemplary oral and written communication skills, and ability to interact effectively with the public, particularly low-income, minority, and/or aging populations. Other essential skills include organization, ability to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks, attention to detail, and ability to quickly comprehend difficult and complicated subjects.
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in urban studies, urban planning, real estate, public administration, business, finance, marketing, property management, construction management, or related field required. Master’s degree and at least one year full-time experience in community development preferred.
This is a full-time position. The work schedule is 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday. Some weekends and evenings may be required.
Annual salary of $35,000 to $45,000, commensurate with experience.
Position open until filled. Please submit a resume and cover letter electronically [email protected].