High school Coding Camp allows students to learn the concepts of computer programming and encourages them to think about complex ideas and concepts rationally and logically. Each week the camp is held at a different higher educational institution throughout the region. Students will identify the dates and locations of their choice when applying.
Camps: This year there will be eight C# camps (one of which will be all girls) and two Cyber Security Camps.
- Grade Band: High School, rising 9th-12th
- Camps: High School Coding Camp-C# (no previous programming is required)
- High School Coding Camp-Cyber Security (new!) (prerequisite-completed high school Coding Camp C# and/ or have knowledge of other C languages)
Camp Locations, Host Schools And Dates:
Camp runs from June-August 2017,Full days, 8 am-5 pm
RITE partners with TECH CORPS to offer summer coding camps, hosted by regional colleges and universities.
- The University of Akron: June 5-9
- Cuyahoga Community College-Western Campus: June 12-16
- Cleveland State University: July 17-21 (all girls)
- Baldwin Wallace University: July 31-August 4
- Lorain County Community College: August 7-11
Cyber Security Camp
- Lakeland Community College: June 26-30
- Cleveland State University: July 24-28
- All students MUST have a teachers recommendation for consideration into the program.
Application Opens: February 20
Students Application Close Midnight: April 30
Teacher Recommendation Close Midnight: May 5
Student Acceptance Notification: May 19
Students Registration Deadline: May 26