POSITION TITLE: AMERICORPS VISTA ASSOCIATE
REPORTS TO: ANTON GRDINA SITE COORDINATOR
The AmeriCorps VISTA Associate will assist in Increasing BBC’s capacity to continue and sustain support for Anton Grdina in the Garden Valley Neighborhood. This VISTA will work on expanding the Homework Help Program, as well as developing and supporting additional in-school and after-school programs and events that promote student academic achievement.
Anton Grdina is an Investment School that is currently implementing the wraparound/community school model. This national model is based on the entire community being engaged in the academic success of the building. Anton Grdina was named an Investment School in May 2013 as part of a state-backed Cleveland Plan to turn around the low performing schools in the Cleveland Municipal School District and to leverage direct resources toward areas of greatest need. This VISTA role is critical for assisting in the implementation of the community school model.
– Manage current tutoring program for 3rd-5th graders and expand program to enhance student performance outcomes for students at Anton Grdina.
– Work with school and community organizations to identify additional student enrichment opportunities through service learning and healthy living activities.
– Develop and manage volunteer opportunities for in-school and after school programming at Anton Grdina.
-Identify and develop student programs, events and activities.
– Recruit community members to serve as volunteers and volunteer leaders.
– Engage community members in volunteer opportunities (through our Managed Projects and Days of Service)
– Research and apply for funding to support educational initiatives for youth and programs in the Lower Kinsman neighborhood.
– Complete monthly and bi-weekly VISTA reporting in addition to attending VISTA trainings
– Other duties as assigned
The AmeriCorps VISTA must have satisfactory oral and written communication skills and ability to interact effectively with the public, particularly low-income, minority, and youth. Must have satisfactory computer skills, including Microsoft Office and social media outlets. Minimum college degree required.
This is a full time position (40-50 hours per week) with requirements to work evenings and/or weekends if required. VISTA members are prohibited from working outside of VISTA position.
Approximately $946/month, with choice of $1,175 education award or $310 cash stipend at the conclusion of service.
This position will be posted until filled. Please submit a resume and cover letter to Monique Williams, Site Coordinator via email at [email protected], via fax at (216) 341-2683 or via mail at 7201 Kinsman Road, Suite 104, Cleveland, OH 44104.
For more information about the organization, please visit bbcdevelopment.org
For a PDF of this posting, please click here.