We previously posted about a meeting regarding the reconstruction of Cedar Avenue between E 55th and 89th Streets. That original meeting, scheduled for January 27, was canceled due to frigid temperatures.
The meeting has been rescheduled for Tuesday, February 11 at 5:30pm at City Mission, located at East 55th and Carnegie Avenue. More information is below.
City of Cleveland
Frank G. Jackson, Mayor
Phyllis E. Cleveland, Council Member, Ward 5
Mamie J. Mitchell, Council Member, Ward 6
Matthew Spronz, P.E., Director
Mayor’s Office of Capital Projects
Richard J. Switalski, P.E., Administration Bureau Manager
Division of Engineering and Construction
Invite you to a pre-construction PUBLIC MEETING for the
Cedar Ave. Reconstruction Project
(E. 55th St. to E. 89th St.)
When: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 Time: 5:30 P.M.
Where: City Mission, 5310 Carnegie Blvd.
Project/Description: The $5.1 million Cedar Ave. Reconstruction project will extend from E. 55th St. to E. 89th St. It includes complete pavement replacement, new curb, sidewalks, driveway aprons, drainage improvements, watermain replacement (E. 79th St. to E. 89th St.), new traffic signals, pavement markings, and streetscape including additional trees.
Schedule: March 2014 to March 2015
- Cleveland City Council Representatives
- City of Cleveland – Division of Engineering & Construction
- Terrace Construction Co., Inc. (Contractor)
- Fairfax Renaissance Development Corp.
- Burten, Bell, Carr Development, Inc.
- Midtown Cleveland
Project Scope: Cedar Ave. reconstruction project consists of:
- Full reconstruction between E. 55th St. and E. 89th St. for approximately 1.4 miles including new pavement, curbs, sidewalks, ADA compliant curb ramps, and drive aprons
- Replacement of existing catch basins and installation of new catch basins
- Installation of a new 12” water main between E. 79th St. and E. 89th St. with new hydrants
- Development and installation of new greenscape throughout project limits including new street trees
- Upgrade of traffic signal at E. 79th St.
- Installation of new striping and traffic control signs
Estimated Construction Cost: $5,100,000.00
Construction Schedule: March 2014 to March 2015