Learn about upcoming training programs in urban agriculture!
OSU Extension will offer training programs in the winter of 2015 in community gardening and market gardening. Come to an Information Session to learn more about these Training Programs:
Tuesday, December 2, 2014
6:00 – 6:45 pm
OSU Extension Office
5320 Stanard Ave.
Cleveland, OH 44103
Description of Training Programs:
In this eight week training program, participants will learn how to:
- Locate and assess a good garden site
- Organize a group of gardeners
- Plan and design a garden space
- Identify community resources
- Access materials for their project
- Increase neighborhood access to fresh produce
- * Classes will meet Thursday evenings starting January 29, 2015.
In this twelve week training program, participants will learn how to:
- Develop a small business or agriculture based enterprise
- Grow produce using techniques that create higher yields
- Bring healthy produce to local markets in urban neighborhoods
- Be part of Cuyahoga County’s emerging local food market
- * Classes will meet Tuesday evenings starting January 27, 2015
The Market Gardener Training Program and the Dig In! Community Gardener Training Program are initiatives of The Ohio State University Extension, Cuyahoga County.
The Ohio State University Extension, Cuyahoga County: 5320 Stanard Ave. Cleveland, OH 44103 http://cuyahoga.osu.edu
For questions contact Nicole Wright: 216-429-8200 x 249 // email@example.com
CFAES provides research and related educational programs to clientele on a nondiscriminatory basis. For more information: http://go.osu.edu/cfaesdiversity.