Yesterday, Alonzo Mitchell from Ohio Homecoming posted to Facebook about how he was selected to take President Barack Obama to dinner while the president is in Cleveland this week. Mitchell asked his friends what three people should join him and where they should take President Obama.
Some of our supporters suggested Mitchell take President Obama to Bridgeport Cafe. (We agree!)
Recommendations came pouring in. Among them: Bridgeport Cafe. Blue Point Grille. Zanzibar Soul Fusion.
While it’s unfortunate that the story was a farce, we are humbled that our supporters would recommend Bridgeport Cafe as a place to take the president to dinner. Thank you to all of you who suggested the cafe!
The Cleveland International Film Festival is truly one of our favorite events and one of the best film festivals on earth. We love seeing films from all over the world and experiencing and learning about other cultures. We also enjoy supporting emerging independent filmmakers. The event takes place March 18-29, 2015.
This week, we have an opportunity for you to receive two FREE tickets to CIFF39. Simply spend $20 at Bridgeport Cafe, 7201 Kinsman Road, and you’ll get a pair of vouchers (a $30 value) to any film completely free!
Here are some ideas about to spend $20 at Bridgeport Cafe:
– Take a friend or coworker to lunch
– Buy lunch for yourself and purchase fresh fruits and vegetables
– Get a $20 gift card and use it to get coffee and breakfast a few mornings
* While supplies last. Purchase of $20 must be on one single receipt
Our friends at Firth Third Bank are hiring a mortage loan officer (MLO) who specializes in working in low- to moderate-income areas. See the posting below for more information.
GENERAL FUNCTION: Performs a wide range of duties relating to the origination of residential 1st mortgage loans for outside referrals. Meets standards and objectives defined by management for mortgage loan sales and cross-selling objectives. Assumes overall responsibility for the residential mortgage loan from application to closing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Experience working in and with LMI areas
Develop referral contacts (realtors, builders, professional and personal contacts).
* Maintain knowledge of Fifth Third Mortgage CompanyÆs policies and procedures.
* Maintain knowledge of available loan products, processing procedures, and underwriting and general departmental guidelines.
* Follow defined protocol for escalation exceptions.
* Take applicant applications by completing Fannie Mae form 1003 on the laptop.
* Utilize the laptop for communication and access of daily rates, applicant credit reports, Loan Prospector responses and transmitting the loan to LOMAS.
* Collect appropriate documentation from each applicant and deliver loan package in the time frames set by management.
* Manage pipeline for all originated loans through closing and complete required management reports.
* Communicate with branches and/or applicants of providing timely updates and progress reports.
* Maintain high levels of customer service while managing each applicantÆs and support staffÆs expectations.
* Attend and participate in all Consumer Lending meetings as required by management.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED: * High school diploma or equivalent mandatory. Four-year college degree preferred. * Knowledge of conventional and/or government lending guidelines. * Knowledge of residential mortgage processing, underwriting, and closing procedures. * Knowledge of federal lending regulations governing real estate lending. * Demonstrated organizational skills. * Strong written and verbal communications skills. * Demonstrated teamwork and customer service skills. * Proven computer skills. * Basic sales technique skills. * Strong desire to excel in a competitive environment. * This position requires S.A.F.E. Act registration at the time of employment through the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS). The NMLS web site (mortgage.nationwidelicensingsystem.org) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
Check out this video produced by United Way of Greater Cleveland. It shows how, through United Way funding, BBC is able to provide and connect resources to educate the youth about nutrition and wellness. This is just one of the many opportunities available at CornUcopia Place! The students featured are from Anton Grdina Elementary School, a United Way Investment School of which BBC is the lead agency.
Burten, Bell, Carr Development, Incorporated (BBC) is a non-profit neighborhood development organization founded in 1990 that serves most of Cleveland's Ward 5. Our mission is to enhance the quality of life for residents of Ward 5 by initiating and cultivating housing, retail, employment, and recreation opportunities through effective partnerships with residents, community groups, government, corporations and institutions.