October 21st, 2016 by Megan Goedeker
Come out to Hillside Park Saturday October 22, 2016 to learn how to build your ideas like an architect. Contribute your ideas for how you play at the park.
All ages welcomed! Snacks and activities provided
Hillside Park: 7701 Hillside Rd. Cleveland OH 44104
October 21st, 2016 by Samira Malone
Join veteran dads (and their babies), to learn how they made it through the first months of parenthood and resurfaced as confident, on-the-job fathers. Learn how to handle a baby, find out about issues you didn’t know were important and how to blow off issues you thought were. In this men-only environment, no question is stupid and no topic off limits.
Dads and dads-to-be will discuss issues including:
• Changes in new mom
• Handling a newborn
• Finding work/home balance
• Introducing pets to baby
• Safety issues
• Working and being a dad
• Your relationship with mom
• Feeding and changing
• How to calm a crying baby
• Handling parents and in-laws
And anything else on your mind!
When: Saturday, November 5th
Where: MetroHealth Broadway Health Center located at
6835 Broadway, Cleveland
Time: 9 am to noon
Lunch is included!
October 18th, 2016 by Samira Malone
POSITION TITLE: East Tech High School Intern (Part Time)
REPORTS TO: Administrative Assistant
Assist full-time staff members on program intake and management. Purpose of program is to expose youth from the Central and Kinsman neighborhoods to the field of community development.
Assist staff members in the following functions:
1. Program intake
2. Data tracking and management
Inputting data using we-based and spreadsheet data management programs
3. Program promotion and community event planning
4. Other general office duties, including:
Answering phone (5-line phone system)
All other general office duties as assigned by Office Manager or other BBC Staff.
Skills and Experience
1. MUST BE AN EAST TECHNICAL HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR RESIDING IN CLEVELAND’S WARD 5 NEIGHBORHOOD
2. Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
3. Moderate typing skills.
4. Favorable interpersonal skills and the ability to complete tasks efficiently. Must also be dependable.
5. Ability to work at minimum 10 hours per week.
$10.00 per hour
How to Apply
Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com
September 26th, 2016 by Joy Johnson
Check out BBC’s Climate Ambassador Quiana Singleton on WCPN’s the Sound of Ideas. She is a Tree Steward and she trained students at Anton Grdina school on how to plant and care for trees.
September 23rd, 2016 by jsugalski
We’re selling four newly constructed homes located on Stanley Tolliver Avenue. Join us for a walking tour open house Saturday, September 24 from 11am to 2pm.
For more information, please call Cleo Hilliard at 216-571-5531.
September 22nd, 2016 by jsugalski
Experience the inspiring true story of THE BIRTH OF A NATION by attending the advance screening on September 27 at Tower City Cinemas. For your chance to download a pass, follow this link – http://www.foxsearchlightscreenings.com/BOANBBCD
*Passes are limited and seating is first-come, first-served and not guaranteed. Please arrive early to increase chance of entry.
Set against the antebellum South, THE BIRTH OF A NATION follows Nat Turner, a literate slave and preacher, whose financially strained owner, Samuel Turner, accepts an offer to use Nat’s preaching to subdue unruly slaves. As he witnesses countless atrocities – against himself and his fellow slaves – Nat orchestrates an uprising in the hopes of leading his people to freedom. In theatres October 7. #TheBirthofaNation
September 21st, 2016 by Samira Malone
Fridays, 7:30pm-9:30pm ( Arrive at 7:15pm )
Learn culinary techniques and methods to create an awesome meal in a fun and festive atmosphere. Great for singles, couples, friends, and date night.
$35 per person per class
To purchase a ticket visit: cornucopiaplacebbc.eventbrite.com
Classes will be held at CornUcopia place 7201 Kinsman Rd Ste. 103B
September 23: Steak Favorites Flavors
October 7: Thai One- on- One
September 21st, 2016 by Raymond Miller
Learn about career opportunities in the construction industry and with Opportunity Corridor Section 2.
Learn critical job readiness skills such as resume building and job search techniques.
Learn how to effectively network with employers in the transportation/construction industry.
Antioch Baptist Church 8869 Cedar Ave. Cleveland, OH 44106
September 7, 14, 21
September 21st, 2016 by Raymond Miller
Wednesday, September 21st, 2016 ( 3pm-6pm )
Welcoming remarks, Mayor Frank G. Jackson
Presentation of awards
Keynote and workshop led by Gil Penalosa and 8 80 cities
Thursday, September 22nd, 2016 ( 8am-5pm )
A full day of visioning, design and action planning focused on:
- Celebration years topics, Sustainable Transportation & Vibrant Green Space
- Advancing the Cleveland Climate Action Plan, including a focus on: Energy, Water and Land Use, Community Engagement, Waste and Transportation
August 25th, 2016 by Raymond Miller
Check out the Step Up to University Hospitals Program!
$12/HR W/Benefits & Advancement Opportunities
- Work in a fast-paced environment that is critical to the care of hospital patients
- Earn a competitive hourly wage with a local employer that is committed to staff advancement.
- Prepare for the interviews and ensure success on the job with FREE skills development classes
- Gain a renewed sense of confidence and a network of support to help you succeed
- Resident of Greater University Circle–Glenville, Hough, Fairfax, Central, Shaker Square, Buckeye, Little Italy, East Cleveland and University Circle
- Commitment to 2 weeks of unpaid pre-employment classes
- Already has a high school diploma or GED
- Tobacco and drug free
- No criminal backgrounds (w/some limited exceptions)
- Monday August 29 at University Circle United Methodist Church 1919 E 107 St Cleveland, OH @9:30a.m.
- Wed. August 31 at New Bridge 3634 Euclid Ave Suite 100 Cleveland, OH 44115 @9:30a.m.
Call (216) 696 – 7311 to register for an information session.