Voters in all of Cuyahoga County’s municipalities will cast ballots for President, U.S. Senate and Members of Congress, Ohio Senate and the Ohio House of Representatives, County Prosecutor and County Council members, judicial candidates, State Board of Education seats, the Brook Park Charter Review Commission, as well as local and state issues.
It is important for voters to be prepared to cast their ballots. The voter registration deadline is October 9th. Voters who have moved or changed their name since they last voted need to complete and return a new Voter Registration Card. After a voter has registered they will receive a post card that lists their ward, precinct, and voting location.
To avoid lines on Election Day and to allow extra time to study the ballot, all registered voters may Vote by Mail. Vote by Mail ballot applications are available at the Board of Elections website: www.boe.cuyahogacounty.us, by calling the Board of Elections at 216-443-3298, and at all public libraries.
Voters who are interested in serving as poll workers may call 216-443-3277 or apply on-line at: www.boe.cuyahogacounty.us.
Change in Vote by Mail for the November 6th Presidential General Election:
- The Ohio Secretary of State will automatically mail all voters a Vote by Mail Ballot Application for this election.
- Ballot applications are also available on the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections website: www.boe.cuyahogacounty.us, all public libraries, or by calling the Board of Elections at 216-443-3298.
October 2, 2012 – Vote by Mail Opens:
- The Board of Elections will begin mailing ballots to voters who have requested a ballot and voters may begin to vote early at the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections, 2925 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44115
October 9, 2012 – Close of Registration:
- Voter registration and change of address deadline for the November 6th General Election is at 9:00 p.m. Voters who have not registered, have moved, or have changed their name and have not updated their registration, must do so by this date. Registration cards are available at all public libraries and at the Board of Elections website: www.boe.cuyahogacounty.us.
November 2, 2012 – Last Day to Vote Early at the Board of Elections:
- 6:00 p.m. is the deadline to hand deliver Vote by Mail ballot applications to the Board of Elections and the close of early voting.
November 3, 2012 – Mailed Vote by Mail Ballot Application Deadline:
- The Cuyahoga County Board of Elections must receive mailed ballot application requests by noon on November 3rd for voters to be eligible to Vote by Mail.
November 5, 2012 – Ballots Mailed in the U.S. Must be Postmarked on or Before this Date:
- Put a stamp on your ballot return envelope. Ballot envelopes are not postage-paid.
November 6, 2012 – Election Day – Polls Open at 6:30 a.m. and Close at 7:30 p.m.
- Bring proper identification when voting: a current and valid photo identification card, driver’s license or state issued identification, military identification, a copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows the voter’s name and current address.
- Voters need to know their ward, precinct, and voting location. Voters may check at: www.boe.cuyahogacounty.us or call the Voter Information Hotline at 216-443-3298.
- Voted Absentee/Vote by Mail ballots returned in person must be received at the Board of Elections by 7:30 p.m.
- Voted Absentee/Vote by Mail ballots CANNOT be dropped off at a voting location.
For additional election information visit: www.boe.cuyahogacounty.us or call 216-443-3298.