The Central Promise Neighborhood effort is an exciting community collaboration dedicated to promoting the educational success of children in Central.
Over the next several weeks, the Sisters of Charity Foundation will host, on behalf of the Central Promise Neighborhood, a series of Community Conversations. The purpose of these meetings is to hear from you – the community as they continue to build upon the vision of Promise, identify new resources and opportunities to support Promise and further inform the development of the 2012 application to the Department of Education to fund the effort. Each community conversation will have a unique focus and be hosted throughout the Central neighborhood.
All community memebers are encouraged to attend, including:
- residents (students, parents, guardians),
- community-based organizations,
- service providers,
- elected officials,
- business leaders,
- school staff and administration,
- faith leaders
- and other community stakeholders.
Following is the calendar for the upcoming series of Community Conversations. You are welcome to attend all or part of the series.
- Monday May 21st 3pm – 5pm Community Meeting #1 – Onward & Upward in 2012 @ Trinity Commons
- Thursday May 24th 8am – 10 am Community Meeting #1 – Onward & Upward in 2012 (Repeat) @ Golden Ciphers
- Monday June 4th 3pm – 5pm
- Friday June 8th 9am – 11am
- Tuesday June 26th 3pm – 5pm
- Wednesday July 11th 8am – 10am
- Monday July 16th 3pm – 5pm
To RSVP for the Kick-off Community Conversation, hosted on May 21st or May 24th, please call Dave Kelly at Sisters of Charity Foundation (216) 241-9300 or email Dkelly@socfcleveland.org.
Check the BBC blog for additional details and meeting reminders for the remaining community conversations. For additional information on the Cleveland Central Promise Neighborhood, please visit, www.clevelandpromiseneighborhood.org